HEC Scholarships China Road and Bridge Corporation Scholarships Apply Online
China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC), Peoples Republic of China, one of the four large-scale, state-owned companies in China who pioneered the international construction market, mainly focusing on contracting of roads, bridges, ports, railways, airports, tunnels etc. has offered fully funded scholarships for Pakistani students to study Master’s degree programme in Southeast University, China.
Department: Govt of Abroad
Dated: 28th June 2017
Published In : Website
South East University China:
Southeast University is one of the Higher Education Institution first established in China which is key university of nationwide directly administered by the Central Government and subordinated to Ministry of Education, and is among the famed eight construction universities, first rank in national key discipline of traffic engineering in China.
Background of the Programme:
China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC), cooperating with Southeast University of China (SEU), is planning to carry out the admission program of Master of Engineering for “China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)” integrated transportation in Pakistan. The admission is financed by CRBC and the South East University China is delegated to implement the lectures on behalf of CRBC that is custom designed for the officers working in Pakistan Government, especially the officers managing CPEC projects and currently working in and under relevant Ministries. In addition, the management staff of relevant organizations, the outstanding graduates of Universities with required experience and technical experts of Scientific Research Institutions recommended by the concerned Ministries can also benefit from the program, the program is aimed at train the policy maker and performer who possesses global strategy and sustainable development vision for regional communication and transportation, and train the advanced Manager and high-end technical personnel for modern transportation industry.
The scholarships will be offered in Transportation Engineering for Master’s program. The Master’s program shall be of two years (one year for course learning and one year for thesis writing & internship) including the module like course, seminar, visit and investigation, internship and thesis writing and so on. Students shall complete the compulsory and optional courses in the first year, and the thesis writing and defense in the second year. The master of engineering certificate (transportation engineering field) will be awarded after completing the required courses and passing the thesis defense.
The Scholarship will sponsor up to maximum 30 students who meets the admission criteria for the Master’s degree programs, starting from the entering cohort of Fall 2017.
The Scholarship will cover the following:
- The tuition fee,
- Return airfare (one ticket a year) and
- Living stipend (standard to be decided by CRBC) for all Pakistani awardees. Please note that the living expenses standard shall be decided by CRBC as per the actual situation, the expenses exceeding the standard during study in China shall be borne by students.
Duration of the Programme:
- The duration of the Scholarship Program is valid for two academic years for the period of 2017 to 2019 starting from Fall 2017.
The admission is open for the professionals, especially the officers working in and under Federal Ministries and Provincial Government such as Ministry of Communication, Planning Development & Reform, Water & Power, Railways, the management and technical staff of relevant organization; the outstanding graduates of Universities with requisite experience and the technical experts of Scientific Research Institutions. Basic requirements are as follow:
- Applicant must be citizen of Pakistan/AJ&K
- Must have completed 16 years Bachelors/equivalent Degree of Engineering in the relevant field of Civil / Transportation Engineering before application to Masters Program. The valid registration from respective professional bodies, Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) is mandatory.
- Less than 40 year’s age with sound health (on last date of closing of application)
- 3-5 years working experience in the similar sector (including infrastructure like highway, railway and water & power), applicant who possesses the similar study and working experience with the applied program shall be considered in priority;
- Fluent English speaking capability. IELTS/TOEFL scores if required by university, where applicable.
- Applicants must have career development potential in this sector and intent to promote the friendly cooperation between Pakistan and China.
- Must fill all the fields of HEC application form (Online) and no column or field should be left unfilled. All applicants must fulfil the basic eligibility requirements of CRBC China
- All applicants must fulfil other requirements set by concerned university/funding body.
How to Apply:
Apply online at HEC website: http://eportal.hec.gov.pk/loa After registering and filling your profile, please select “Learning Opportunities Abroad” under “Scholarship and Grant” menu in left hand side panel of the online portal. After submission of the application, get its printed copy and attach NOC to be issued from your current employer. Attach deposit slip of Rs. 300/- (in original) through HEC online Account No. 17427900133401 in HBL, Shalimar Recording Company Branch, H-9, Islamabad (no other documents to be attached with HEC application form except a deposit slip, NOC from employer and valid Registration proof by respective professional bodies viz. PEC). All payments are to be made to HEC through HBL online facility. This facility is available in all branches of Habib Bank Ltd (HBL), Pakistan.
Kindly note that HEC is the authorized agency who would send nominations from Pakistan. In this regard decision of HEC / CRBC will be final. Last Date for receipt of application through courier in HEC is on or before 20th July, 2017.
At the time of submitting application at HEC, only printed hard copy of HEC online application form duly submitted through HEC online electronic portal with bank deposit slip of Rs. 300/- , valid registration from PEC and NOC from parent organization (currently working) will be required. All incomplete applications or those received after the deadline or by hand applications will not be entertained by HEC.
Only shortlisted candidates may be asked by HEC to submit following documents after completion of initial scrutiny /selection process, as under:
- Two certified copies of birth certificate/CNIC
- Two certified copies of passport.
- English language certificate/IELTS/TOEFL (as per requirement of foreign university)
- Two IBCC and HEC attested/certified copies of academic qualification, from matric onwards.
- Two certified copies of Under graduation certificate/Degree and transcript each (04 years bachelor’s Degree in relevant field)
- Two recommendation letters in original (one from employer and one from Pakistani academic institute or Professor)
- Two copies of applicants statement of purpose
- Medical Fitness / Physical examination report within 6 months
- Detailed CV of the candidate.
- Two recent passport size photographs.
- Certified English Translations of supporting documents (i.e. certificates, testimonials, transcripts) must be submitted for documents that are not in English.
- Police clearance certificate along with application dossiers
- Valid PEC Registration.
Rules & Regulations
HEC / CRBC has the right to select/reject the candidates for the scholarship program.
A joint committee for selection of the CRBC scholarship candidates will be established. This selection committee will consist of the faculty of College of International Students (CIS) of Southeast University, China, and representatives of HEC and CRBC.
In-charge Learning Opportunities Abroad (LOA)
HRD Division, Higher Education Commission
Sector H-8, Islamabad.
Note for CRBC: Stipend amount per month and financial break up of funds to be paid to student may be mentioned, if finalized.
China Road and Bridge Corporation Scholarships Under HEC Scholarships, China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC), Peoples Republic of China, one of the four large-scale, state-owned companies in China who pioneered the international construction market, mainly focusing on contracting of roads, bridges, ports, railways, airports, tunnels etc. has offered fully funded scholarships for Pakistani students to study Master’s degree programme in Southeast University, China.