MDCAT Test Application Process and Eligibility Criteria 2018 By UHS
MDCAT stands for Medical & Dental College Admission Test, which is mandatory to take by those who want to get admission in MBBS or BDS in any medical or dental college or university of Punjab. This test is compulsory to secure admission in both the private and public sector institutes. The primary purpose of the test is to check the ability of candidates who wish to go into the field of bachelor of medicine and surgery (MBBS) or just want to opt for bachelor of dental surgery (BDS). Every year, UHS conducts this test in Punjab. Without taking the test, aspirants’ admission applications will be nullified.
Department: Govt of Pakistan
Dated: Sunday 12th August 2018
Published In : Dawn
MDCAT Test Application Process and Eligibility Criteria 2018 By UHS. The applications must be filled online, after which the challan form will be generated. Students are advised to fill the form carefully as the changes couldn’t be made. To fill the form accurately and carefully keep all documents along with you. Don’t forget to save your latest colored picture in your PC. The picture should not exceed the limit of 2MB. Once you will complete the application process, a challan will be generated and you have to pay the fee in respective bank/banks. Stay in touch for further information.
Domicile holders of Punjab must have to take UHS MDCAT, if they want to enroll in any medical or dental college of the province. Aspirants should obtained 60% marks in their intermediate or equivalent to appear in UHS MDCAT. Those who possess a domicile of Islamabad Capital Territory, Gilgit Baltistan are also eligible to appear in UHS test. Overseas, Foreign and dual nationality holder who didn’t pass SAT-II can also apply for UHS MDCAT.
The merit is formulated on the basis of marks obtained in Secondary School Certificate, Higher Secondary School Certificate and MDCAT marks. This merit calculation criteria is set by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC).
The importance steps of application process of UHS MDCAT are as follows:
- Go to the mentioned website to fill online application form. For example, Go to BankIslami Pakistan website (http://bankislami.com.pk) and click on the link provided to fill MDCAT form.
- Click on the “Register” button and start filling the required information carefully.
- Upload color copy of your latest photograph in the end.
- Click on submit button.
- As soon as you will submit the form a unique serial number will be allotted to you. Keep it safe in some diary etc.
- The computer will generate a challan form against your registration number, Print it by clicking on “Download & Print” button. You can also save/copy it to print later.
- Submit the fee against challan form at BankIslami and you have done.
Formula for calculating merit is given below:
- First Step
10% of Matriculation: Obtained marks in SSC or equivalent divided by total marks of SSC or Equivalent x 1100 x 0.10
- Second Step
40% of Intermediate: Obtained Marks in HSSC or equivalent divided by total marks of HSSC/Equivalent x 1100 x 0.40 = 40 percent of HSSC or Equivalent
- Third Step
50% of MDCAT: Obtained Marks in entrance Test divided by total numbers of pre-admission test x 1100 x 0.50
- Fourth Step
Aggregate Marks: Add up the results of 1st, 2nd and 3rd steps will give you aggregate marks.
- Fifth Step
Aggregate Percentage: Divide aggregate marks by 1100 x 100 to get an aggregate percentage.
Some Important Instructions:
- To fill the form wisely, keep all essential documents i.e., ID card, matric Certificate, and intermediate certificate/marks sheet/roll number slip on your PC table.
- You must have equivalence certificate with you if you are student of O/A Levels or American System etc.
- Twice check before confirming and submitting the data. You can’t change information once you have submitted.
- Your name and date of birth should be same as mentioned on your secondary school certificate.